Squared Products Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Squared Products Limited (“we”, “us”, “our” and “ours”) is registered in England and Wales under company number 09200057 and our registered office is at Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example: (i) when you fill in forms on our site https://www.squared.io (our “site”); or (ii) when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site or subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, information about any enquiries you make to us, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may process your personal data:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- For the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
- For certain additional purposes with your consent and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We will use the information we collect about you in order:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you where we are legally permitted to do so.
In some circumstances we may anonymise or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform any relevant contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this policy, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- our business requirements;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal information where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your personal information with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:>
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We will not ordinarily transfer the personal information we collect about you outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, if any third parties by whom your personal data are to be processed are based outside the EEA so that their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where the third parties are based in the US, we may either use the above contracts approved by the European Commission or we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact us using the contact details below, if you want further information on the specific mechanism to be used by us if we are to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive details of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us); you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us using the contact details below.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy was last updated on 17 October 2018.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO: www.ico.org.uk), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time.